Keep the pulse on your vacation destination in the Community of Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tours into the Past with.... Wayne Harris

I'm pretty dang sure this has to be a relative of our dear Historian Wayne Harris who is just a mere 80 years young and is also a fourth generation descendant of the original homesteaders of this area. Wayne is a wonderful story teller and has been giving these tours with the hills between the lakes.

He is filled with wonderful stories about the early settlers, the battles with outlaws and the old stagecoach route. His guided tour includes sites where the Native Americans and early history sites of the Hills between the lakes.

I finally had the opportunity to meet him today and boy did I wish I had my camera. I can't find a recent picture of him anywhere on the web even though he was the grand Marshall in 2008 at the Annual Pioneer Day's Parade.

If you provide the wheels Wayne will provide the directions and gab. To schedule a tour call 805.286.6032

On his next visit up here at the lake I plan to do an extensive interview and get a great photo of him with his white prestine beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment